RESEARCH AND INNOVATION POSITION AT THE SMARTECH DEPARTMENT
Descripción de la oferta de empleo
ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA http://www.cttc.es/career/call-27-2020/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION
The Communication Technologies Division at CTTC invites applications for one Research and Innovation position in its SMARTECH Department in the framework the prestigious 5G PPP-H2020 MARSAL project (Grant Number 101017171) on 6G. The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science. The applicant will be incorporated in the SMARTECH department (http://technologies.cttc.es/smartech/).
The selected candidate will:
- Become a member of a competitive research Department with reputation in top-notch publications and fund-raising capacities. Access to cutting-edge experimental facilities and a competitive salary.
- Become a member of the research team of the MARSAL project
- Carry out research activities associated to the SMARTECH department, e.g. Network Slicing, Zero Touch Networks, Data-Driven Management Communications and Energy Efficient Communications for AI/ML aided-mechanisms, cybersecurity and experimental validation.
- Lead and support the team members in the preparation of the reports of the project
- Lead and support the team members in the preparation of research funding proposals
- Lead, coordinate and participate in dissemination activities of the project, including technical papers to be submitted to international conferences and peer-reviewed journals
Requisitos del puesto
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Outstanding oral and writing English skills
- Good publication record in top scientific peer-reviewed journals (e.g., IEEE Transactions and Magazines)
- Good knowledge of current technology trends in 5G and Beyond such as data-driven communications, network virtualization, cloud native applications, cell-free and fixed mobile converged.
- Good knowledge of Networking Protocols for Radio and Computational Resource Allocation,
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work in an international team
- Experience of setting up Proof-of-Concept experiments in a testbed environment with NFV (e.g. OSM) or RAN (e.g. OAI) platforms.
- Good knowledge of analytical skills in the areas of network optimization or machine learning.
- Experience from participating in national and international research projects with partners from academia and industry is also an advantage.
- Knowledge of the ETSI (ZSM, ENI) or ORAN or 3GPP standards.
- Career distinctions
- Basic experience in preparation of research grant proposals for funding agencies, e.g. EC-H2020.
The successful applicant would have to work autonomously and be an excellent team player.
Otros datos del puesto
A full-time fixed term, of initial duration of 12 months, contract is offered. The contract may be extended till the end of MARSAL project, December 2023. Additional renewals might be considered depending on the achieved performance and the available funding opportunities by that time. The starting date is flexible from February 2021- March 2021. The position corresponds to the R2 professional category at CTTC. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. The salary will be in the range between 37.000 and 42.000 euro (gross per year).
Applications should include:
- Full CV, including a list of publications and name (email address, etc) of three referees
- PhD Degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate
CTTC is particularly interested in candidates with good balance of academic qualifications and know-how in their field of knowledge and possibilities to take up the work with a flexible starting date. The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application. No applications received by email will be taken consideration for the position.
The deadline for applications is 8th of January 2021.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
Detalles de la oferta
- 08860 AV. CARL FRIEDRICH GAUSS 7, B6
- indefinido, jornada completa
- 30000€ - 40000€
Cómo detectar ofertas falsas
The applicant will be incorporated in the smartech department (http://technologies...the position corresponds to the r2 professional category at cttc...the communication technologies division at cttc invites applications for one research and innovation position in its smartech department in the framework......
The applicant will be incorporated in the smartech department (http://technologies...the position corresponds to the r2 professional category at cttc...become a member of the research team of the pandora project carry out research activities associated to the smartech department, e......
The position lies within the r2-r3 professional category at cttc...the asip department conducts fundamental and applied research on signal processing and communications, including algorithmic development, theoretical analysis and hardware development...as member of the asip department the selected candidate......
The applicant will be incorporated in the smartech department (http://technologies...the position corresponds to the r2 professional category at cttc...become a member of the research team of the 5g-epicentre project carry out research activities associated to the smartech department, e......
Lead and support the team members in the preparation of the reports of the project...we offer a permanent position to work in the smartech department (http://technologies...lead and support the team members in the preparation of research funding proposals...carry out research activities associated to......
Knowledge and experience in the ‘green deal’... ‐ competences in the identification of economic and political risks in the field of raw materials and its trade with the european union...candidates must have proven experience and proficiency in some of the following tasks: ‐ participation and assistance......
Fellowships fund the salary and research costs of the researcher...the deadline is the 12th november 2020...over the years, the geon department has developed theoretical, software development, hardware integration and educational capabilities, through the realization of applied research projects and......
The project is part of a main area of research in the lab: the implication of emt dynamics and its reversion (met) during the metastatic process...a 3-year postdoctoral position is available to start in april 1st 2020, at the cancer stem cells & metastasis lab, funded by the worldwide cancer research......
Fellowships fund the salary and research costs of the researcher...hospitals and home automation) and outdoor (e...inside the communication system division (csd), the array and multi-sensor processing (amsp) department conducts the research on optical wireless communications (owc)...es/areas-of-expertise/optical-wireless-communications/......