DIRECTOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEERING (SRE)
Descripción de la oferta de empleo
But just as a ball is more than leather and thread, and a show more than padding and plastic, we are bigger than our products.
We don't just work to create faster shoes and lighter fabrics.
We strive to help athletes everywhere perform their best.
We believe that it's hard work inventing the future of sport, and that's why we love it; that when you push your limits, you make it possible for others to push theirs.
We believe that through Sport, we have the power to change lives.
To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers and the best way to accelerate building direct relationships is through Digital.
Director Software Engineer – Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Purpose.
Program & Operations is a team of specialists that is dedicated towards achieving the Digital -Web and Mobile vision of providing a premium, connected and personalized experience to the end consumer.
Web and Mobile Program & Operations team is a part of the Global IT.
The team is revamping the Agile DevOps model setup with Site reliability engineers, who will be strategically co- located across various tech hubs and adidas locations to work collaboratively with the product teams.
Consultancy • Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution.
• Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required.
• Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements.
• Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
Specialist advice • Actively maintains recognised expert level knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
Provides definitive and expert advice in their specialist area(s).
• Oversees the provision of specialist advice by others, consolidates expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives.
• Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation.
Emerging technology monitoring • Monitors the external environment to gather intelligence on emerging technologies.
• Assesses and documents the impacts, threats and opportunities to the organisation.
• Creates reports and technology roadmaps and shares knowledge and insights with others Requirements definition and management • Plans and drives scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for large, complex initiatives.
• Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate requirements definition and management methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
• Obtains input from, and formal agreement to, requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Negotiates with stakeholders to manage competing priorities and conflicts.
• Establishes requirements baselines.
• Ensures changes to requirements are investigated and managed.
• Contributes to the development of organisational methods and standards.
Systems development management • Defines systems development projects which support the organisation's objectives and plans.
• Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate systems development methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
• Ensures that senior management is both aware of and able to provide the required resources.
Facilitates availability and optimum utilisation of resources.
• Monitors and reports on the progress of development projects, ensuring that projects are carried out in accordance with agreed architectures, standards, methods and procedures (including secure software development).
• Develops road maps to communicate future development activity.
Systems design • Adopts and adapts appropriate systems design methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches, and ensures they are applied effectively.
• Designs large or complex systems.
Undertakes impact analysis on major design options and trade-off.
• Makes recommendations and assesses and manages associated risks.
• Reviews others' systems designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology.
• Ensures that the system design balances functional and non-functional requirements.
• Contributes to development of systems design policies and standards and selection of architecture components.
Software design • Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate software design methods, tools and techniques; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
• Specifies and designs large or complex software components.
• Undertakes impact analysis on major design options, makes recommendations and assesses and manages associated risks.
• Specifies prototypes/simulations to enable informed decision making.
• Evaluates the quality of others' systems designs to ensure adherence to standards and identifies corrective action, if needed.
• Ensures that the system design balances functional, quality, security and systems management requirements.
• Contributes to development of organisational software design and architecture policies and standards.
Programming/software development • Takes technical responsibility across all stages and iterations of software development.
• Plans and drives software construction activities.
• Adopts and adapts appropriate software development methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
• Measures and monitors applications of project/team standards for software construction including software security.
• Contributes to the development of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for software development.
Database design • Provides expert guidance in the selection, provision and use of database and data warehouse architectures, software and facilities.
• Provides specialist expertise in the design characteristics of database management systems (DBMS) or data warehouse products/services.
• Ensures that physical database design policy supports transactional data requirements for performance and availability.
• Ensures that data warehouse design policy supports demands for business intelligence and data analytics.
Testing • Coordinates and manages planning of the system and/or acceptance tests, including software security testing, within a development or integration project or programme.
• Takes responsibility for integrity of testing and acceptance activities and coordinates the execution of these activities.
• Provides authoritative advice and guidance on any aspect of test planning and execution.
• Defines and communicates the test strategy for the project.
• Manages all test processes, including test plans, resources, costs, timescales, test deliverables and traceability.
• Manages client relationships with respect to testing matters.
• Identifies process improvements and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
Availability management • Availability management • Provides advice, assistance and leadership associated with the planning, design and improvement of service and component availability, including the investigation of all breaches of availability targets and service non-availability, with the instigation of remedial activities.
• Plans arrangements for disaster recovery together with supporting processes and manages the testing of such plans.
Release and deployment • Leads the assessment, analysis, planning and design of release packages, including assessment of risk.
• Liaises with business and IT partners on release scheduling and communication of progress.
• Conducts post release reviews.
Ensures release processes and procedures are applied and that releases can be rolled back as needed.
• Identifies, evaluates and manages the adoption of appropriate release and deployment tools, techniques and processes (including automation).
Application support • Drafts and maintains procedures and documentation for applications support.
• Manages application enhancements to improve business performance.
• Advises on application security, licensing, upgrades, backups, and disaster recovery needs.
• Ensures that all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures.
Relationship management • Identifies the communications and relationship needs of stakeholder groups.
• Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables.
• Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
• Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding.
• Facilitates business decision-making processes.
• Captures and disseminates technical and business information If required.
People Management / Resource Management.
• Supports resource planning and may have full responsibility in recruiting process.
• Implements resource plans, including conducting recruitment interviews.
• Facilitates selection, assessment and on-boarding processes, and internal resource allocation.
• Contributes to transitioning of resources, complying with relevant statutory or external regulations and codes of good practice.
• Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development • Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency • Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
• Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
Strong awareness and experience of working with Site Reliability Engineering principles 2.
Demonstrated understanding of Microservices architecture and best practices 3.
Good understanding of public cloud offerings such as AWS components like EC2, IAM, Cloudwatch etc.
Knowledge of server-side technologies such as WebSphere, JBose, NodeJS 5.
Experience with building Rest APIs, API Integration, and Web Services is preferred 6.
Hands on experience on enterprise tools set such as Grafana, Instana, Prometheus, ELK etc.
Knowledge on Unix shell scripting.
Understanding of Linux and Networking systems.
Experience operating high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed software in production.
building monitoring into your code, tweaking dashboards, defining alerts.
Previous experience leading an engineering team as a servant-leader.
Exposure to ITIL processes.
Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience 2.
Proficient spoken and written command of English 3.
At least 10 -year experience in IT 4.
7 years of experience in relevant area 5.
5 years of experience in team management including professional 6.
International Experience - ideally working abroad and mobile in leadership roles for multiple years and has functional/market experience in projects with a local/global perspective 7.
Participated in a global project execution/ significant contribution to local/functional project To be the best sports company in the world, you need the best talents within your teams.
If you are looking for growing professionally within adidas, we are happy to receive your application.
We are looking for a software engineer with demonstrated experience with the elasticsearch, logstash and kibana stack... experience with kibana to include developing and manipulating kibana for visualizations and analysis... experience designing real time and batch log analytics and search solutions......
As part of the engineering team, you will be responsible for building a more efficient and inclusive payment infrastructure... when things don’t go your way, you’re ready to try something new to achieve your goal... requisitos del puesto requirements at least 3 years of professional experience a solid......
Autocad, software de calculo de estructuras (staad-pro , cype…)... requisitos: ingeniería industrial especialidad estructuras / ingeniería civil / arquitectura especialidad estructuras... descripción: empresa internacional precisa ingeniero obra civil para toma de datos y supervisión de construcción......
The it engineer & applications developer will report directly to the technical and european projects coordinators... requisitos del puesto other key requirements/ experience:- at least 3 years of professional experience as it engineer and/or apps/software developer executing similar duties......
Requirements: mechanical/civil/electric engineer... interested: mail subject: 646 variation engineer francerequisitos del puestodescription: the duties of the variation engineer include supporting the client... description: the duties of the variation engineer include supporting the client......
Ensures that the discipline engineering deliverables are compliant with project qhse plan and discipline engineering processes & standards... requirements: bachelor or master degree in industrial engineering specialized in electrical... description: accurate international company in barcelona electrical......
Empresa funcionando desde hace mas de 20 años busca socio con perfil de director tecnico para desarrollo de software en entorno microsoft con tecnologia... la empresa tiene productos software estandard -plataforma en internet- especializados en varios sectores... requisitos del puestoempresa funcionando......
Ensures that the discipline engineering deliverables are compliant with project qhse plan and discipline engineering processes & standards... requirements: bachelor or master degree in industrial engineering specialized in electrical... description: accurate international company in madrid electrical......
Ensures that the discipline engineering deliverables are compliant with project qhse plan and discipline engineering processes & standards... requirements: bachelor or master degree in industrial engineering specialized in electrical... 5 years of experience in companies providing engineering services......
Ensures that the discipline engineering deliverables are compliant with project qhse plan and discipline engineering processes & standards... requirements: bachelor or master degree in industrial engineering specialized in electrical... description: accurate international company in tarragona sr electrical......