Descripción de la oferta de empleo
The Institut Català de Nanociència i Nanotecnologia, with its official English translation Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology and acronym ICN2, is a non-profit international research institute located close to Barcelona, Spain. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behaviour of matter at the nanoscale.
Research area or group: Theory and Simulation Group
Description of Group/Project:
The Theory and Simulation Group at ICN2 is offering a software engineer position to work on an interdisciplinary project, developed by ICN2 and BSC-CNS on cutting edge HPC applications. Specifically, the contract is tied to a European Project (the MaX Center of Excellence on Materials Design at the eXascale (http://www.max-centre.eu/) and will be temporary.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
The candidate will work on the optimization and porting to high-performance hardware of SIESTA (http://icmab.es/siesta) one of the most popular Open Source software for materials science. The candidate will work in close cooperation with the core developers of the code.
- Develop and optimize code using state-of-the-art programming models and distributed paradigms.
- Explore the behavior of the applications on new emerging HPC hardware.
- Coordinate work with other developers of the software.
- Degree in Informatics or similar field
- Knowledge and professional experience
- Linux/UNIX OS, Shell scripting and command line
- Experience with Fortran and python programming languages are a requisite.
- Knowledge, to some extent, about some or all the following programming models:
- MPI (must have)
- OpenMP (must have)
- CUDA (must have)
- High level of English, both oral and written
- Experience with HPC environments, both as user and software developer, are preferable for architectures such as:
- Intel's General Purpose Processors (e.g. Xeon)
- GPUs (NVIDIA preferred)
- Great ability for team work
- Natural proactive character
- Ability to work with strict deadlines and deliverables
Research Career Profile (According to the European Framework for Research Careers):
R1 First Stage Researcher
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length:1 year renewable yearly until 2 years
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: As soon as possible.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website
and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.
Detalles de la oferta
- 08193 Edifici ICN2 UAB Campus, Bellaterra
- temporal, jornada completa
Experience in aerospace on-board software...possibility of trainings related to software space market...manage software development projects of real-time software tools to support the software development life cycle of systems based on hypervisors (time and space partitioned systems) for safety critical......
Design software to meet requirements...experience in aerospace on-board software...perform validation of the software developed...high motivation to grow as a safety critical software engineer in embedded systems...perform verification of the software developing process...write documentation of the software......
As a ground systems software engineer you will: - write significant portions of the ground control station (gcs) software for the unmanned air system (uas) - work with the communications team and the human-machine-interface (hmi) team to define the air-to-ground networking architecture and bi-directional......
Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle...company leader in its sector is looking for senior software quality assurance engineer for madrid with at least 7 years of experience in a similar position, business process understanding and, database......
Estamos buscando un junior software engineer en prácticas para nuestras oficinas de madrid...expert system desarrolla software de inteligencia artificial que entiende el significado del lenguaje escrito...contribuirá al desarrollo de proyectos y aplicaciones software específicas con la finalidad de satisfacer......
Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle...description: company leader in its sector is looking for senior software quality assurance engineer for madrid with at least 10 years of experience in a similar position, business process understanding......
Your role: as an embedded software engineer, you will develop, model and integrated software modules for the automotive industry in adas (advanced driver assistance systems) or gateway projects key responsibilities: configure os modules analyse customer requirements be able to debug code for microcontroller......
As an embedded software engineer your main function will be developing safety-critical and mission-critical software using scade and/or hand coderequisitos del puestoyou are the person we are looking for if you: - you have 3+ years working in safety-critical or mission-critical embedded systems - you......
Analizar requisitos de software...definir nuevos requisitos de software...desde k-lagan estamos buscando ampliar nuestro equipo de ingenierios/as de software que actualmente está trabajando en proyectos dentro de un importante tier-1 multinacional del sector automoción...requisitos del puestorequisitos......