SENIOR RESEARCHER POSITION IN COMMUNICATION NETWORK DIVISION
Descripción de la oferta de empleo
ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA http://www.cttc.es/career/cal-28-2020-1/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION
Senior Researcher position in Communication Network Division – Mobile Networks Department
The Communication Networks Division of the CTTC is searching for interested candidates in a Senior Researcher position in its Mobile Networks Department. For more information about the Department please refer to http://networks.cttc.cat/mobile-networks/. The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science. We offer a permanent position to work on the design and optimization of beyond 5G RAN architectures.
Requisitos del puesto
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree in telecommunications, computer science, electrical engineering, or closely related fields. We are looking for a highly-motivated candidate capable of conducting independent research, as well as demonstrating excellent skills to carry out highly innovative R&D work in collaborative projects and industrial projects.
Required skills and experience:
Architectural and methodological skills
- Knowledge and design of next-generation RAN architectures
- Strong experience and capability in the system level evaluation of wireless cellular systems
- Strong experience and capability in the design of complex link, system and network simulators
- High knowledge of optimization theory and strong analytical skills at PHY, MAC, and cross-layer optimization, supported by a strong publication record
Specific technical skills
- Excellent knowledge of 3GPP 4G, 5G, and beyond 5G technologies
- Experience with WiFi/WiGig technologies and coexistence with 3GPP
- High knowledge of PHY and MAC procedures in cellular technologies, including radio resource and interference management, interference coordination, beamforming and precoding design
- Experience in PHY, MAC, RRM design in LTE, NR, Beyond 5G systems in sub-7 and mmWave, licensed and unlicensed spectrum
- Experience in open-source simulators (ns-3) is a must
- Very good programming skills in Matlab and Python
- Good programming skills in C and C++
Other research and project management skills
- Capacity to pursue independent research and very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent publication track record and capacity of attracting competitive funds
- Management and participation in international and national R&D projects
- Demonstrated experience in industrial projects and relationship with researchers in industry
- Experience with 3GPP standardization process (with proven contributions to 3GPP)
- Demonstrated capacity for generating ideas and patents in fields standardized by 3GPP
- Proficiency in written and oral English communication skills
The contract is permanent. The rank and gross salary, in the range 40000-47600€/year, will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. The position corresponds to the R3 professional category at CTTC. More information about CTTC professional categories is available at: http://www.cttc.es/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf
Interested candidates in joining the Mobile Networks Department should send their curriculum vitae in PDF format through this online application. No applications received by email will be taken consideration for the position.
Applications should include:
- Full CV, including a list of publications and name (email address, etc.) of three referees
- PhD Degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially. Since the publication date, the offer will be open during two months.
Otros datos del puesto
Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC), in Castelldefels – Barcelona, is a growing and well-funded research institution fostering excellence and diversity. CTTC offers a highly international environment at an exceptionally attractive location. As a research center in telecommunications technologies CTTC provides a fertile environment for research cooperation and innovation between different disciplines. More specifically, the Communication Networks Division (COMNET) aims at providing an integrated end-to-end view of mobile and transport, optical and wireless, access and core networks by exploiting SDN and NFV architectural principles. For more information, please visit http://networks.cttc.cat/
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
Detalles de la oferta
- 08860 Av. Carl Friedrich Gauss 7
- indefinido, jornada completa
- 40000€ - 50000€
Cómo detectar ofertas falsas
Es/career/call-29-2020/ will be taken into consideration senior researcher position in communication network division – mobile networks department the communication networks division of the cttc is searching for interested candidates in a senior researcher position in its mobile networks department......
The communication networks division of cttc aims at providing integrated view of complex network architectures... the communication networks division of cttc invites applications for an early-stage researcher (esr) at pre-doctoral level in its mobile networks department... machine-learning-based optimization......
Es/career/call-2-2021/ will be taken into consideration researcher position in communication network division – optical networks and systems department the communication networks division of the cttc is searching for interested candidates in a research and innovation position in its optical networks......
The communication networks division of cttc aims at providing integrated view of complex network architectures... the communication networks division of cttc invites applications for an early-stage researcher (esr) at pre-doctoral level in its mobile networks department... inside the communication networks......
The communication networks division of cttc aims at providing integrated view of complex network architectures... very good communication skills in oral and written english... the position corresponds to the r1 professional category at cttc... researcher (esr) at pre-doctoral level in its mobile networks......
The communication networks division of the cttc is searching for interested candidates in a research and innovation position in its optical networks and systems department... the position corresponds to the r2 professional category at cttc... candidates should also demonstrate strong oral and written......
Es/career/call25-2020-1/ will be taken into consideration the communication systems division of the cttc is searching for interested candidates in a researcher position for its advanced signal and information processing (asip) department... the position lies within the r2-r3 professional category at......
The position corresponds to the r2 professional category at cttc... es/career/call-4-2021-1/ will be taken into consideration the communication technologies division at cttc invites applications for one researcher position in its smartech department in the framework of a h2020-funded project progressus......
The communication technologies division at cttc invites applications for one researcher position in its smartech department in the framework of the h2020-ec funded project marsal (grant number 101017171) on 6g... the position corresponds to the r2 professional category at cttc... otros datos del puestoconditions......