RESEARCHER POSITION IN COMUNICATION DEPARTMENT
Descripción de la oferta de empleo
ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA http://www.cttc.es/career/call-33-2020/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION
The Communication Technologies Division at CTTC invites applications for one Researcher position in its SMARTECH Department in the framework the prestigious 5G PPP-H2020 5G-EPICENTREproject (Grant Number101016521) on 5G and beyond. The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science.The applicant will be incorporated in the SMARTECH department (http://technologies.cttc.es/smartech/).
The selected candidate will:
- Become a member of a competitive research Department with reputation in top-notch publications and fund-raising capacities. Access to cutting-edge experimental facilities and a competitive salary.
- Become a member of the research team of the 5G-EPICENTRE project
- Carry out research activities associated to the SMARTECH department, e.g. Network Slicing, Zero Touch Networks, Data-Driven Management Communications and Energy Efficient Communications for AI/ML aided-mechanisms, cybersecurity and experimental validation.
- Lead and support the team members in the preparation of the reports of the project
- Lead and support the team members in the preparation of research funding proposals
- Lead, coordinate and participate in dissemination activities of the project, including technical papers to be submitted to international conferences and peer-reviewed journals
Requisitos del puesto
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should havePhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Outstanding oral and writing English skills
- Good publication record in top scientific peer-reviewedjournals (e.g., IEEE Transactions and Magazines)
- Good knowledge of current technology trends in 5G and Beyond such asdata-driven communications, network virtualization, cloud native applications, cell-free and fixed mobile converged.
- Hands-on experience with Orchestration (e.g., ETSI OSM), Virtualization (e.g., OpenStack) or cloud-native technologies (e.g., Kubernetes)
- Experience of setting up Proof-of-Concept experiments in a testbed environment with NFV (e.g. OSM) or RAN (e.g. OAI) platforms.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work in an international team
- Good knowledge of analytical skills in the areas of network optimization or machine learning.
- Experience from participating in national and international research projects with partners from academia and industry is also an advantage.
- Knowledge of the ETSI (ZSM, ENI) or ORAN or 3GPP standards.
- Career distinctions
- Basic experience in preparation of research grant proposals for funding agencies, e.g. EC-H2020.
- Ability to work autonomously and be an excellent team player.
Otros datos del puesto
A full-time fixed term, of initial duration of 12months, contract is offered. The contract may be extended till the end of 5G-EPICENTRE project, December 2023.Additional renewals might be considered depending on the achieved performance and the available funding opportunities by that time.The starting date is flexible from February2021- March 2021. The position corresponds to the R2 professional category at CTTC. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. The salary will be in the range between 37.000 and 42.000 euro (gross per year).
Applications should include:
- Full CV, including a list of publications and name (email address, etc) of three referees
- PhD Degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate
CTTC is particularly interested in candidates with good balance of academic qualifications and know-how in their field of knowledge and possibilities to take up the work with a flexible starting date. The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application. No applications received by email will be taken consideration for the position.
The deadline for applications is 1st of February 2021.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
Detalles de la oferta
- 08860 Sin especificar
- indefinido, jornada completa
- 40000€ - 50000€
Cómo detectar ofertas falsas
The position corresponds to the r2 professional category at cttc...the applicant will be incorporated in the smartech department (http://technologies...es/career/call-30-2020/ will be taken into consideration the communication technologies division at cttc invites applications for one researcher position......
The position lies within the r2-r3 professional category at cttc...es/career/call25-2020-1/ will be taken into consideration the communication systems division of the cttc is searching for interested candidates in a researcher position for its advanced signal and information processing (asip) department......
Es/career/call-2-2021/ will be taken into consideration researcher position in communication network division – optical networks and systems department the communication networks division of the cttc is searching for interested candidates in a research and innovation position in its optical networks......
Es/career/cal-28-2020-1/ will be taken into consideration senior researcher position in communication network division – mobile networks department the communication networks division of the cttc is searching for interested candidates in a senior researcher position in its mobile networks department......
Es/career/call-29-2020/ will be taken into consideration senior researcher position in communication network division – mobile networks department the communication networks division of the cttc is searching for interested candidates in a senior researcher position in its mobile networks department......
We offer a permanent position to work in the smartech department (http://technologies...es/career/call-3-2021-1/ will be taken into consideration call 3-2021-1 - senior researcher position in the communication technologies division – smartech department the communication technologies division at cttc......
For more information about the department please refer to http://networks...the position corresponds to the r2 professional category at cttc...the communication networks division of the cttc is searching for interested candidates in a research and innovation position in its optical networks and systems......
Fellowships fund the salary and research costs of the researcher...es/career/call-24-2020-1/ will be taken into consideration the communication systems division of cttc invites applications for a researcher at postdoctoral level in its array & multi-sensor processing department...jsp as a reference......
The communication technologies division of the cttc is searching for interested candidates in a researcher position related toembedded systems for its machine-to-machine (m2m) communications department...the position corresponds to the r2 professional category at cttc...no applications received by email......