CALL 40-2022-1 RESEARCHER POSITION IN PONS
Descripción de la oferta de empleo
Who are we looking for ?
The Packet Optical Networks and Services (PONS) Research Unit is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position.
For more information about the PONS Research Unit click here (https://www.cttc.cat/packet-optical-networks-and-services-pons/).
We are looking for an open-minded, empathic person, with ability and motivation to conduct high-quality research, aiming at significantly improving her or his scientific career in a stimulating environment and within a dynamic and internationally recognized research group.
The successful candidate will join the PONS research unit to carry out research in topics related to network security and trust. In particular, the successful candidate is expected to investigate end-to-end, multi-domain, zero-touch, intent-based secure slicing and orchestration methods and techniques, including distributed DLT-based trustworthiness management, dealing with massively distributed, heterogenous, disaggregated and multi-stakeholder 6G networks.
What do we offer?
- We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33 business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits (restaurant ticket, childcare center, commute and medical insurance), continuous training.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate qualifications and work experience and can be 34.992- 39.210 €/year (gross).
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- CTTC category: The position corresponds to the R2 professional category (Researcher) at CTTC. More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link: (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf).
- We offer a research position in the framework of the Spanish UNICO-5G project, 6G-OPENSEC (Seguridad y confianza en redes 6G desagregadas y abiertas), TSI-063000-2021-58 and TSI-063000-2021-60, with duration till 31/12/2024.
- Start date: October 2022
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees
- PhD degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Requisitos del puesto
Qualifications and Experience
- We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competences of R2 category.
- The successful candidate must hold a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, computer science, or closely related fields and is required to have the following experience/skills:
- Required qualification/skills/ experience:
- Experience in autonomous/zero-touch service and network management
- Experience in security management for network slices and network services
- AI-enabled data analytics for smart network security
- Knowledge of distributed blockchain/DLT-based management (smart contracts, consensus mechanisms, etc.)
- Good publication record in journals and conferences
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- Open and disaggregated networking concepts and solutions, including monitoring and telemetry solutions (e.g., Kafka, Prometheus).
- Hands-on experience on experimental demonstrations
- Hands-on experience on NFV/SDN open-source platforms (e.g., OSM/ONAP, TFS, ONOS)
- Strong programming skills in Python and/or C/C++ with experience in small and medium-sized projects.
Otros datos del puesto
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the 'HR Excellence in Research' award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes' walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.
Detalles de la oferta
- 08860 - AV. CARL FRIEDRICH GAUSS 7
- Temporal, jornada completa
- 30000€ - 40000€
Cómo detectar ofertas falsas
The starting date is flexible from july 2022... flexibility the position corresponds to the r2 professional category at cttc... for more information about the pons research unit click here (https://www... no applications received by email will be taken consideration for the position... cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/cttc-professional-categories......
The position corresponds to the r2c professional category at cttc... for more information about the pons research unit click here (https://www... who are we looking for ? the packet optical networks and services (pons) research unit is searching for interested candidates in a researcher position......
The postdoc researcher shall collaborate with other ru members and external organizations to reach the proposed objectives... the postdoc researcher shall introduce smart network interface cards (smartnics) to enhance the capacities of the whitebox to process data flows... cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/cttc-professional-categories......
Start date: flexible, from november 1st, 2022... for more information about the pons research unit click here (https://www... who are we looking for ? the packet optical networks and services (pons) research unit is searching for interested candidates in a researcher position... cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/cttc-professional-categories......
Start date: september/october 2022... for more information about the pons research unit click here (https://www... who are we looking for ? the packet optical networks and services (pons) research unit is searching for interested candidates in a permanent researcher position... * cvs and any other information......
Php?id=boe-a-2021-20304), in the modality of distinguished researcher... the starting date is flexible from july 2022... the position corresponds to the r4 professional category at cttc... who are we looking for? the recently established geomatics research unit (gm ru) is searching for interested candidates......
The starting date is flexible from september 2022... the position corresponds to the r3c (senior researcher) professional category at cttc... who are we looking for ? the recently established navigation & positioning (n&p;) research unit is searching for interested candidates in a senior researcher (r3c)......
The starting date is flexible from july 2022... flexibility the position corresponds r2c professional category at cttc... who are we looking for ? the recently established geomatics research unit (gm ru) is searching for interested candidates in a researcher position... no applications received by email......
Phd degree is required for this position... the position requires a previous experience of three or more years in the catalan research system... who are we looking for ? the opensim research unit of the cttc is looking for interested candidates in a r2-research position in its opensim research unit......