CALL 35-2022-1 SENIOR RESEARCHER POSITION IN N P
Descripción de la oferta de empleo
Who are we looking for ?
The recently established Navigation & Positioning (N&P) Research Unit is searching for interested candidates in a Senior Researcher (R3C) position. For more information about the Research Unit click here: https://www.cttc.cat/navigation-positioning/.
We offer a full-time permanent position to work carrying out original and relevant investigation activities in the framework of CTTC’s fundamental research, testbeds and proof-of-concepts, exploring new approaches and their applicability in the scope of challenging environments for positioning and navigation systems (urban canyon, indoor navigation, high dynamics, GNSS for the space user, satellite-based PNT services, the ”trusted” GNSS receiver, etc.).
The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
What do we offer?
- We offer a permanent contract.
- The position corresponds to the R3C (Senior Researcher) professional category at CTTC. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience.
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility.
- CTTC category: R3C. More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link: (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf).
- The starting date is flexible from September 2022.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees
- PhD degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Requisitos del puesto
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competences of the R3C category (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Categories-professionals-unificades-1.pdf). Among them, the next ones are stand out.
Required qualification/skills/ experience:
- PhD degree in Telecommunications, geomatics, Information Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Outstanding oral and writing English skills.
- Solid track of scientific publications with a high number of citations or impact
- Ability to promote and carry out relevant and original research on the field of Navigation
- Reputation as a leader in the promotion, design, and scientific-technical capacity of projects research.
- Demonstration of their ability to secure financial resources for activities research.
- Good knowledge of the implications and applications in the broad sense of research leading.
- Solvency in the identification and execution of research and development activities.
- Proven ability to guarantee long-term funding of research projects.
- Excellent communication abilities.
Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- Excellent understanding of the Signal Processing fundamentals involved in Global Navigation Satellite System receivers, and the aim to expand this knowledge.
- Practical knowledge (implementation, deployment, experimentation) on radio-frequency front-ends for navigation.
- Knowledge of software-defined radio concepts and frameworks (GNU Radio, GNSS-SDR) and related programming skills (C++, Python, Matlab).
- List of relevant IPR contributions, and in particular, royalty contracts.
- Knowledge on data fusion for navigation.
- Knowledge on GNSS signal acquisition and tracking.
- Knowledge on GNSS observables and PVT algorithms.
- Market knowledge in the field of GNSS receivers and related technologies.
Otros datos del puesto
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the 'HR Excellence in Research' award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes' walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.
Detalles de la oferta
- 08860 - AV. CARL FRIEDRICH GAUSS 7
- Indefinido, jornada completa
- 40000€ - 50000€
Cómo detectar ofertas falsas
The starting date is flexible from november 2022... the position corresponds to the r3 (senior researcher) professional category at cttc... who are we looking for ? the opensim research unit of the cttc is searching for interested candidates in a r3-senior researcher position in its opensim research......
Php?id=boe-a-2021-20304), in the modality of distinguished researcher... the starting date is flexible from july 2022... the position corresponds to the r4 professional category at cttc... who are we looking for? the recently established geomatics research unit (gm ru) is searching for interested candidates......
Start date: september/october 2022... who are we looking for ? the packet optical networks and services (pons) research unit is searching for interested candidates in a permanent researcher position... the position requires a previous experience of three or more years in the catalan research system......
The postdoc researcher shall collaborate with other ru members and external organizations to reach the proposed objectives... the postdoc researcher shall introduce smart network interface cards (smartnics) to enhance the capacities of the whitebox to process data flows... the successful applicant should......
Start date: october 2022... flexibility the position corresponds to the r2 professional category at cttc... who are we looking for ? the recently stablished navigation and positioning unit (n&p;) research unit is searching for a talented researcher aiming at significantly improving her or his scientific......
The starting date is flexible from july 2022... the position corresponds to the r4 (research director) professional category at cttc... who are we looking for ? the recently established navigation & positioning (n&p;) research unit is searching for interested candidates in a r4- research director position......
The starting date is flexible from july 2022... flexibility the position corresponds r2c professional category at cttc... who are we looking for ? the recently established geomatics research unit (gm ru) is searching for interested candidates in a researcher position... no applications received by email......
The position corresponds to the r2c professional category at cttc... who are we looking for ? the packet optical networks and services (pons) research unit is searching for interested candidates in a researcher position... the researcher shall collaborate with other research unit members and external......
Who are we looking for ? the packet optical networks and services (pons) research unit is searching for interested candidates in a researcher position... flexibility cttc category: the position corresponds to the r2 professional category (researcher) at cttc... we offer a research position in the framework......